Leadership is a fluid process of learning, and we believe in providing resources and opportunities for you to continually advance yourself in this area. Below are a number of great resources selected to provide simple guidance for you.
Preparing for Success as a Leader
- “The Happy Secret to Better Work” by Shawn Achor on TED Talk
- “Everyday Leadership” by Drew Dudley at TEDx Toronto Talk
- George Ambler’s leadership blog describes new and emerging leadership practices being used throughout the world
- Michael Hyatt’s leadership blog focuses on thoughtful, purposeful leadership
Being an Inspirational Leader
- “Inspirational Speech on Leadership” by Abdul Kalam
- “Want to Be a Leader? Act Like One” by CNN’s Diana Booher
- “How Great Leaders Inspire Action” by Simon Sinekat TED Talks
- “How to Run a Meeting” by Forbes Staff Member Susan Adams
- “Stop Wasting Everyone’s Time: 5 Tips for Running More Productive Meetings” by Anne Field
- “Robert’s Rules for Dummies”
- How to Write a Business Agenda
- Agenda & Minutes Templates
Facilitating a Panel Discussion
Preparing for an Event
- Party Smart: Information regarding party management.
- Benson University Center: Information on reserving space, requesting catering, and utilizing publicity resources for on-campus events.
- Office of Sustainability: “Sustainable Event Planning Guide” for tips on sustainable event planning.
- Wakesync President’s Portal: Publicize your event to each student organization president on campus.